Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Late Kate!!!

A race against time,
Did I indulge in, this morn,
'Could have bet a new dime,
It was just about dawn!!!

Overslept, and how!!!
I awoke with a start,
It's no wonder now,
That my stomach turned a cart!!!

Rushing through the chores,
Got them quickly out the way,
'Was almost on my fours,
As I hastened to start the day!!!

The alarm did as usual, sound,
A, did also, customarily call,
But, sleep did I, another round,
Really! How did I have the gall?!?

Just in the very very nick of time,
Did I my timely cab, thankfully, catch,
Take it with a pinch of salt and lime,
Time, really, truly, has no match!!!

I hate to wait, I hate being late,
Punctuality is my middle name,
'Was the first and last time, I tell ya mate,
I'm no Kate, of "Late Kate" fame!!!




Pic Courtesy: Google

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh!! this would have been a first for you had you failed to catch the cab!!

{a}

9:49 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, I'd have been very upset with myself then!!!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home