Thursday, November 30, 2006

Buttered! All of Me!!!

When I was a little kid, my sister gave me a nickname that would get me all riled up! Things used to magically slip through my fingers, right out of any stronghold grasp that I could muster! Going by my track record; now that I look back upon the past years of my life and try to count the number of times I've dropped things, I realize that it's no wonder that my sister started calling me butterfingers, eons ago!!! The fingers on my hands and the toes on my feet are proving to be embarrassingly insufficient to count the number of aah, she's dropped it again! incidents!!! I wonder whether the strands of my hair will hold good for the same!

Butterfingers was I then, and butterfingered still, am I now!!! Have I lived up to the name, or what!?! Things still slip so easily out of my grasp that I can put a slab of salted butter, to shame!!! Also, surprisingly enough, just when my fingers should be at their un-buttered? best, they turn Brutus, stabbing me on the back with undisguised élan!!! I must say, a pack of nice, round eggs, are my absolute bane! They just don't seem to want my company for a few paces, let alone, a few seconds! I've had innumerable bad egg days, two among them, being the most recent and prominent.

I was visiting some friends, and the sweethearts that they are, they said they'd make me some lovely dessert! The only chore I had was to buy half a dozen eggs. Buy them I did, and managed to get them safely into the elevator too; it was while getting out of the elevator that the eggs decided that they'd been nice to me for way too long! I had two other bags with me, and while I was practicing my juggling skills, the eggs sneaked right out of my hand and woe of woes, went splat! on the floor!!! I couldn't believe the traitors!!! They'd done it again!!! What a pack of suicide bombers! There they were, seemingly grinning, even as their life yolks trickled slowly out of them! My face all ashen and sullen, I let my friends know what had transpired between me and the eggs. Needless to say, I did not hear the end of it for a long long time! Not that I still don't hear about it! The story is recounted at every available opportunity! Another time, just when I was leaving for work, I knocked over a bottle on the kitchen ledge. It did create quite a ruckus, knocking over another bottle that had dared to be in its way, and then rolled right out the open door, before thundering down the stairs! I hurriedly picked it up from where it had come to rest and placed it on the ledge, not having time to assess what all it had vanquished on its warpath! When I returned home in the evening, having, by then, forgotten all about the morning's episode, I was utterly dismayed to be greeted by a packet full of broken, oozing eggs!!! <sigh!!!> Oh! Did I forget to mention?!? I almost broke another set last evening! What else could be the germ of this post!?!

Waiting to Pop Right Out!!!

Pic Courtesy: Google

It's not just eggs that my buttery fingers wreak havoc on! My cell phone has also been on the receiving end many a time! It's a wonder that it still allows me to make and answer my calls, rather than customizing its ring tone to yell "keep your hands off me!!!", every time my buttery self goes anywhere near it!!! Come to think of it, I can't get my own self to stay put on the ground for long, too! I think I'm buttery all over; it's not just my hands!!! That'll explain all my slipping and tripping and falling, not to mention my broken arms and legs episodes! Woah!!! It's not me, you guys; I'm just ALL buttered!!! <grin!>

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe we'll invent a phrase for it...something like...oh! there she goes..she just pulled a supernova!!

{a}

1:04 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Ooh! I'd like that..like pulling a Monica!!!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its ok plexo..its only when you drop yourself that we get worried ;)
- You Know Who

4:19 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hee hee hee :-D

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home