Friday, November 17, 2006

Alice in Dreamland!!!

I've been dreaming an awful lot these past few days! Contrary to my usually not being able to remember my dreams, I have managed to remember a fair bit of the last two dreams. In one, I was fighting with my sister. (Well, thats an oft occurring reality!!! We fight like kids, even though we don't stay in the same house anymore, and are miles apart now! I really don't think a dream was necessary to reinforce this fact of life!!!) Oh well!!! The second dream had me believing that A had come home for the weekend. This particular dream turned out to be quite hilarious, to say the least!

I had gone to bed a trifle earlier than my usual hour. A called to wish me a good night's sleep, little knowing what lay in store for him! I answered the call in my dream induced state, and demanded to know why he was calling me when he was right beside me!!! The sweet thing that he is, A played right along, assuring me that he was indeed beside me, and that he was just playing the fool by calling me! I did apparently say a lot more silly things, which I don't care to write about and be made a further laughing stock of!!! I do wonder why I mumble so much when I'm dreaming!!! We sure had fun talking about this dream the next morning, though!

I have a friend who has the weirdest of dreams (nightmares?) I have ever heard of! I dare not recount them here, lest she decides to kill me for the same! I want to be alive to be able to dream a lot more!! <grin!> The same friend also told me that she remembers her dreams by sitting on her bed for a few minutes every morning (of course, if it's a morning that follows a night of dreams/nightmares), and thinking about the dream that she's had! She says that this act almost always helps her retain every tiny detail of her dream! I must try this technique one of these days! Like I said, I have quite a tough time recalling my dreams!

I wonder what all these dreams mean. I have a recurring dream (more than a dream, it's a feeling) that I'm going to fall off, most often, from my bed! My body even jerks slightly, as if falling forward, at such moments. I call it a feeling because I'm very aware that I'm dreaming! Apparently, this kind of dreaming is called lucid dreaming, in which a person has quite a bit of control over his or her dream! I know a lot has been written about interpreting dreams and the like, and I've read a little about the subject too; but, I'm quite skeptical about these interpretations. Wonder whether they really hold any amount of truth!?!

Another question that plagues me quite a bit is whether we dream in colour, or in black and white! On this point too, the opinion seems to be very divided. While some claim that they dream in lots of vivid colours, many others say that their dreams are often colourless, and that the colours are a part of our imagination, when we relive the dream, or recount it to others. Interesting! As far as I can remember, my dreams have no particular colour scheme! They're just moving images, which at the point when I'm dreaming, seem to be so startlingly real and true to life! Also, methinks, if my dreams were in colour, they'd be in shades of soft pink! A nice, pink hue over the moving images; now, there's a thought!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that the only time i've played along?? there have been a few more instances in the past havent there?? :-) and even more funny and for a much longer duration than this time!!!
and i'm guessing the weird friend is lollipop??

{a}

4:09 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Well, yes, there've been more times :-) and yeah, the friend is lollipop!

2:44 AM  
Blogger compassioNAT said...

Hi! interesting subject. At one point when i had a recurring dream (funny i forgot what it's about now), i was trying to figure out what it meant. these days, when i hit the sack, i usally fall into a deep dreamless slumber. Anyway, i don't usually recall more than 10% of it by the time i wake up- leaving very little for interpretation.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Miss Iyer said...

LOL! I knew it.

And about the color. No no no no no no no no no no. There are no pings in my dreams!

5:57 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Same here, Nat! I hardly ever remember my dreams...

4:20 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Who else will have weird dreams!!! :-)

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home