Monday, November 13, 2006

Damnation!!!

Not long ago, on innocent Wednesday last,
Well past the morning, and into the dreary afternoon,
All shame aside, did I hesitatingly cast,
And, forlornly, hopelessly; did I truly swoon!!!

Lined up beautifully and deliciously, on a lovely tray,
They seemed to beckon, with wide and open arms,
Calling out to the hunter, was the poor, oblivious prey,
A hunter, who was slowly losing all her earthly qualms!!!

A social do at work, it loudly proclaimed to be,
A perfect chance to meet the new and bright young uns,
But, my eyes unabashedly did only, and only, see,
A tray full of tempatations; tons and tons and tons!!!

Let's take a group photo; obediently, did all stand still,
While, my tummy slowly and loudly rumbled steadily on,
"Stop fiddling with the lens, please shoot what you will!",
Click! went the blinding flash; of all shame was I still shorn!!!

Made a beeline for the trays, did each, all and sundry,
Nor was I one to be left alone and solitary behind,
It looked like all the supplies of the entire country,
Had decided to wreak havoc on my sinful mind!!!

I picked one up, tentatively; fearful of the hold it'd have on me,
A hold that'd make me crave for more, ever so persuasively,
A small lick here, a tiny bite there; doomed was I for all to see,
In a whiff did it cease to be; and, another opened its arms beckoningly!!!

Try as I did, my mind tugged till the leash snapped free,
Overcome with temptation; and blinded by plain and simple gluttony, was I,
Overlooked and forgotten, was each of the Almighty's decree,
Put a magician to shame, my sleight of hand; and one more, in me, did slowly die!!!

Finally, halfway through the cone, on me, realization dawned!
Doomed was I; a sure path to damnation had I laid,
Over one of the seven deadly sins, had I shamelessly fawned,
A spurious glutton of me, had two ice cream cones made!!! <Burp!!!>

The Culprits!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the cones were the culprits or the victims?? it just gets better and better doesnt it? ur poetry..

{a}

12:25 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

yeah, I guess they played a dual role!!! :-)

4:16 AM  
Blogger Miss Iyer said...

:-O, You ate more than one? :-w

5:48 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, ate two! :-(

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home