Monday, October 30, 2006

Friends for Life!!!

From the last few days, I seem to be in a very "poetsy" mood! I actually set out writing this post in a nice, prose form. Alas, I had hardly written a complete sentence, before I decided to unleash another of my poems on all of you! So, here goes!!!

My friends for life,
My sweet solace,
Take me in their arms,
And, with my mood, keep pace!

Never an angry word,
Never a sour glance,
Always a welcoming smile,
They're not my friends by chance!

Come rain, come hail, come snow,
I always find them at an arm's reach,
Ready to ever curl up with me,
And, the wonder of words, they do me teach!

Histories and mysteries and thrillers,
Quaint psychological quirks,
Unravelling the complexities of the mind,
Or, the Universe and its works!

For letting me loose in this amazing world,
Indebted am I to my father and sister,
Where treasures flow in unending abundance,
Each one a cure for my every blister!

I turn to these friends time and again,
In some, I mend my broken self,
With more, I marvel on the joy of life,
Each one for me, the shoemaker's elf!

Come one, come all, i say,
Partake of this chest of treasure,
Unconditional, the love they pour forth,
Each second with them, beyond measure!

Don't discard them without a thought,
They'll serve you always in good stead,
You may one day have no time for them,
But, they'll wait for you patiently, by your bed!

I know no better path to sound sleep,
Manifestations of them on the screen, you may view,
In the end, what it all boils down to, is this,
They will still remain as fresh as morning dew!

Flip their pages again and again, you can,
Dog-ear them, carelessly toss them away,
Mark my words, give them a hear,
In times of gloom, they'll be your shining ray!

Be their friend, as they are yours,
Treat them with love, handle with care,
Give them a home, a sense of belonging,
Don't ever let them rot with wear and tear!

As a last word, this I have to say,
All you people who don't have these friends,
Know not what beauty you're missing,
A helping hand for sure, at each of life's bends!

Pick up one such treasure of words,
It's never too soon, it's never too late,
Your friends for life, you still can find,
As I did, time and again, many a soulmate!

Books are for eternity, books are for good,
Books stay by you, through every day of your life,
A nice collection of short stories, with me, by my side,
At present, Jeffrey Archer helps me combat every strife!

Pic courtesy: Google

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice poem Plexo i'm really glad of how you have improved under my guidance - Beta

7:33 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

hehe..yup, beto! I owe it all to you! :-D

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and they're lucky to have a friend like u and you're lucky to have so many of them...God has given u the good ones..and take good care of them

{a}

5:12 PM  
Blogger Miss Iyer said...

wowiee! When did u become soo poetic?

7:45 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

hehe..i always was! u didn't notice it! :-)

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home