Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Blessing from Above!

What is it about rain that makes me want to be bang in the midst of it!?! Monday evening saw the heavens break open in Kozhikode, Kerala. I was delighted beyond imagination! To top it all, there was no silly umbrella to prevent me getting completely drenched; what a lovely feeling it was to be soaked through and through! Many people have told me to go stand under the shower whenever I feel the urge/need to get "rained down" on! I've tried it, but it's just not the same! There's nothing like the whole sky becoming my shower for those few minutes! Pray, God, when do you plan to open the taps and water the plants again? Can I take a teeny weeny bit of that lovely pansy's share?!?

All I crave are a few drops of rain,
Falling on my head, falling on my mane.
Moments of bliss, moments of pain,
All entirely worth the happiness I gain!

Pitter patter, pitter patter, on my head they plop,
Blessings from heaven, a blessing in every drop!
Down on the irate motorist, and down on the stern cop,
And down on my patiently waiting, welcoming mop!!!

My flowers need water today, thinks Almighty God,
Every little bud, and every inch of muddy sod.
Safe in his good books, and spared every rod,
I bask in the glory of being another pansy of the Lord!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss Iyer said...

Nice poem priecyyy! :)

10:36 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thank you, thank you! :-)

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

someday we'll publish a book of all your poems...and have one chapter of my poems in the book as comic relief!!

{a}

6:12 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Excellent idea!

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home