Sunday, October 22, 2006

K

Been at IIM-K for the last two days. Haven't been doing anything much; just eating, sleeping, and generally having a whale of a time! Aah! This is the life!!! So much so that I refuse to acknowledge the fact that I return home in another two days.

A and I watched Don yesterday. It was pretty okay, with a nice, proverbial twist in the tale! Well, the theatre was no great shakes, but I'd watch Shahrukh Khan mouth "Don ko pakadna mushkil hi nahi, namumkin hai" anywhere! The crowd was unruly to say the least; hooting, cheering, applauding and whistling at anything and everything! I mean, they even got excited when an advertisement for some gas cylinder was displayed on the screen during the interval! A far cry from the ooh la la audiences who frequently haunt Inox in Bangalore! Although, I must admit that apart from the noisemaking getting on my nerves when it made it virtually impossible to listen to the actors speak, it was quite entertaining in its own cacophonous way!!!

Once back from the movie, I got all dolled up to celebrate Diwali at IIM-K with A and the other students. (More on that later!) I must take this chance to mention that everyone here refers to the institute as just "K"! Sounds cool, I guess!!! Or maybe, it's an Ekta Kapoor or even a Rakesh Roshan syndrome/hangover, call what you may!!! Before I get hollered at by the 'K'ites (K'ians?), I better stop digressing and fixating on this particular topic!

Oh, before I forget, we even spotted a humungous reptile, <a cross between a lizard and an iguana, or so I thought!>, on our way up the hill to the campus, after one of our outings. Unfortunately, neither of us had the presence of mind to take a shot of the creature. We were too stunned by the sheer size that it oh so proudly seemed to possess and display! The autorickshaw driver told us what its called in Malayalam. That doesn't help much as we don't know what its English equivalent is. I shall, however, put my research skills to the test and try and find out what exactly it was that we saw! :-D

All in all, it's been the nicest two days in a long time. It may well be my last or last but one visit to K, and I intend to make the most of it. How?!? Eating, relaxing, playing the fool, and driving A up the wall, what did you think?!? :-D

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must have been a monitor lizard. Google it Plexo - B

9:32 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yup, beeto...looks like a monitor lizard!!! :-)

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

am i the only one in the world who thinks the new Don is better than the old one and SRK is better as DON than amitabh can ever be? i'm sure u think so too??

yes...also our alphabets list read...
A B K D E ........H I J K.......Z

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

am i the only one in the world who thinks the new Don is better than the old one and SRK is better as DON than amitabh can ever be? i'm sure u think so too??

yes...also our alphabets list read...
A B K D E ........H I J K.......Z

{a}

6:11 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Like I thought, it's another "K" syndrome!!!

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home