Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Lucky Draws!

What is it with me and lucky draws? Once upon a time, I would never ever win one, even if I succumbed to doing penances and such! Now, I seem to have won two in a row! A few months back, I receive a call from this lady who claims that I've been shortlisted for a trip to Goa! Considering that's the one place I'm waiting to go back to and actually see the sights this time! Anyway, more on that later! After having checked it out carefully, we (A and me) concluded that it was indeed a genuine win, and we intend to make that trip sometime early next year. Well, as luck might have it, I received another call today. Again, a lady on the other side of the phone, albeit a different one this time. She asks me some mundane details, to which, before I provide the answers, I shoot a volley of my own questions!!! She answers each patiently, making me feel quite sheepish about my instant mistrust of such things. :-/

Nevertheless, with every sundry nitty gritty out of the way, she promptly declares that I have won the opportunity to avail the comforts, along with my husband and (two children?), of a five-star stay for a period of three days, again, in Goa! My my! Am I on a roll or what!!! Well, as the kids are not here yet, I intend to make full use of their share too! :-D

You know the one thing I've observed about these lucky draw!?!. Almost always, at least for the few recent times that I've been shortlisted, (as they call it!), the first question posed to me is whether I'm married! The sweet lady on the phone goes on to further explain that this offer is only open to married couples! Is this some kind of a strange prejudice or discrimination against unmarried people! "You can't win these lucky draws if you're still single! Hard luck!" Strange, eh!?!

Anyway, I won, I won, I won!!! <grin> I'll keep you posted on how it all works out! If it's not all a sham!!! Sigh! The skeptic that I am!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lucky @$*@*$&$! - Beta

7:04 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hee hee hee :-D

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

another brilliant advantage of being married comes to light..and shud we mention that it's not husband, wife and 2 kids...but husband and 3 kids!! :-) or for now at least...husband and 1 kid!! but then a serious issue is...once michelle comes into the picture...if we win something like this again...which of the three/four (incl u i.e.) kids will we leave out?? complicated isnt it?? but yes....u shud win more and more of these lucky draws.... sitting through a presentation for a couple of hours shudnt be an issue now that we're gonna get pretty experienced at it, eh?

{a}

5:41 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

You'll dare leave me out?!? :-O

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home