Monday, October 16, 2006

Countdowns

What a long, dreary day this is turning out to be! Is this what they call monday blues? Maybe it is, then again, maybe not. I'm just too bored and impatient today. Well, I guess I'm impatient most of the time. Will this impatience of mine be allievated come February? I think so. Countdowns seem to be dominating my very existence in a big way! Well, not exactly in plural! Come to think of it, maybe yes, in plural! In between all the waiting that I do for next February, I also wait for those small, little interminable moments of time that we're together, maybe once a month, maybe once in two or three months; each one more treasured than the last!

I have heard innumerable times that one should not keep waiting for something. "A watched kettle never boils." I can't say that I agree with this "wise" old idiom. I like the feeling when what I wait for finally arrives! Who doesn't, for that matter! I mean, what greater joy can there be? Don't we all wait for something or the other all our lives? When we are kids, we wait to grow up. When grown up, we wait to find our soulmates. Come summer, we wait for the rains. The pregnant mother waits for the day when she will lovingly hold her baby. Lovers wait for the hour when they'll be in each others arms. The school girls wait for the vacations. The tiger waits for his prey. God waits for us to remember him. I can go on and on and on. If the Almighty is not spared of the activity of waiting, need I say much more about us lesser mortals?!?

There is one thing that doesn't thankfully wait for anyone or anything. Time. Time is my saviour now like no other. I am confident that it will steadily tick by, making my wait that much more fruitful and fulfilling. Then again, time is what continuously tests my patience too. If only I could make it go faster. But, it passes for sure. Time is what gives me the impetus for my countdowns. Time is what keeps them going, maybe not fast enough, but steadily decreasing for sure, and that, surely, is what keeps me going...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

february will be very very soon....and then all your dreams will come true...u can be sure of that

{a}

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home