Sunday, October 29, 2006

Of Restless Days; Of Sleepless Nights

So many thoughts floating in my head,
With one almost always reigning supreme...
Have you ever wondered why the wise said,
"A watched kettle never boils", even in your dream!

Time and tide wait for no man, they say,
Then why is that I often find it standing still...
Push it with all my strength and might, I may,
But, still find some more time to kill!!!

It's not that I don't have things to do,
At most times, my beloved books are my all...
But, often times I hear my heart softly rue,
Be with me forever soon, near enough to hear my every call!

Distance makes the heart grow so much fonder,
But, out of my sight, and you're out of my mind...
Two contradicting statements; an oxymoron?, I ponder,
And, divided in its opinion, may be the whole of mankind!

For me, however, only one holds true,
A truth that encompasses my entire being, my life song...
A vessel am I, in which your love I brew,
Till we're together and beyond, no matter it takes however long!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

"Then why is that I often find it standing still.."

Is it the time or you whos standing still?

You have so much time to kill? Boy I envy you !!!

6:40 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hmm..It's time that seems to stand still sometimes.. Only because even though I have my hands full with things to do, I still have some more time to kill because I'm waiting for a particular day, and that day can't come soon enough for me...

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not too long to go...i'll let u know that in person in 3 days time...

{a}

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home