Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm Gonna Pull a Ross!!!

What's in a degree, you ask!?! A lot, going by the way I've been studying for 2 of them, and that too, simultaneously!!! Yes, I'm gleefully and gloatingly (if i may!), on my way to becoming an M.Phil and an MBA!
Well, I'm almost an M.Phil, with just my thesis left to pass the acid test. I must say, even thinking about facing a whole hoard of literary laureates, while standing on an icy, unwelcome dias, makes me break out in cold sweat! How will I defend my viewpoint when I clam up even at the thought of facing the volley of questions that such an audience is capable of throwing at me!?! However, I do have a few months to prepare my stand, and I'm hoping I'll do a good job of it! I'll surely put up a brave front, no matter the number of butterflies that will be fluttering around in my tummy!!! Time will tell, I know, but, I'm determined to get a Dr. attached to the beginning of my name, and I know I'm going to go all out to achieve that end!!! No stops, nay! No deviating from that goal, that much, I'm certain!

This preoccupation of mine with getting a PhD reminds me of none other than, Dr. Ross Geller, PhD, of F.R.I.E.N.D.S fame!!! Remember that episode where Rachel's father is in the hospital, and she chides Ross for using his title of "Doctor" without any discretion!!! She says, "Ross, that actually means something here!" That episode has me in splits everytime I see it; but, hey, I still do want a PhD!!! I promise I won't make a fool of myself like Ross does, though!!! There is one more episode where Ross's paleontology degree is used in a hilarious context! Charlie, Ross's one-time girlfriend, tries to intrigue him by calling him "...Dr. Geller", and Ross goes, "Stop it!!!!" Charlie then says, "PhD", in a slow, seductive drawl!!! Ross's gleeful face on hearing that is absolutely worth watching!

Anyway, it'll be some time before I can grin gleefully at someone calling me "Doctor", but, I know it's going to be truly worth the wait!

Pic Courtesy: Google

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you had a name plate, boy would that be a sight!! and after the Ph.D "doctor" is what i'll call u, or maybe Doc...add that to what i call u currently and we have quite an interesting nickname!!

{a}

5:00 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

hehe..yeah! "Doc" will be nice! :-D

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home