Saturday, November 11, 2006

A Look Back!

It's been a year! Yes, I've been in Bangalore for a year now! I must say, it's been a fruitful year of sorts! For one, it feels great to have finally moved out of my parents house and set up an abode of my own! Living alone certainly comes with its own set of perks! This past year has brought myriad changes into my life. Here's my attempt at listing them down:
  • Living alone; certainly, the biggest change! My, has it taught me a truckload of things!!!
  • Setting up a home, not a house; I was clear that I wanted a place I could look forward to coming back to, after a long day's work. I didn't want my studio apartment to turn into one of those hovels that you return to, just to hit the bed! Boy, am I glad that it has turned out just as I wanted it!
  • Cooking <ahem!>; well, I do make my own food, and if I may so, enjoy making it at most times! I've finally learnt why cooking is said to be therapeutic in many ways! Not that I make anything out of the ordinary, but, I'm certainly proud of how much I know in the kitchen now! Also, I've discovered that I enjoy cooking for others a lot; cooking for myself sometimes gets too dreary! <sigh!>
  • Washing clothes; aarrgh! This really gets on my nerves. What with my left arm acting up everytime I wash a bunch of clothes, this is not one chore I look forward to! A few more months, and I'm getting a washing machine!
  • Paying the bills; I don't have a problem with this, but, the tension of making sure that I pay the bills on time, sometimes drives me up the wall!!! I loathe being late, just as vehemently as I hate others being late!
  • Sweeping and mopping the floor; when I get down to cleaning my home, I get down to doing it with a vengeance! I am armed with a mission then! The mission being, to hunt down every last speck of dust and dirt!
  • Eating alone; I don't enjoy this at all! I just don't!
  • Sleeping alone; no problem with this too, but, I can't watch horror movies! I keep thinking some grotesque monster or devilish creature is going to spring right out from somewhere!
  • Budgeting; I guess I do this pretty well; not that that stops me from perpetually worrying that I'm spending too much!
  • Waiting for A; certainly, my biggest task of all! Not that I've been doing this for only the past year, but, the yearning has certainly intensified! Well, it's just a few more days, and I intend to grit my teeth and fight it out. Till then, the weekends on which we meet will remain eagerly awaited! That brings us to the most pertinent question of all! A, you're coming this weekend, or the next, right?!?

In all, it has been quite a nice year! Here's to a few more months of solitary living!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss Iyer said...

Umm one year alone, sure is a Big thing! :) Congrats priecyyy!

6:18 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thank you, thank you!!! :-D

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM coming this weekend or the next. just a few..and i mean few.... months of solitary living left for you!! and i'm so proud of you too for doing this!!

{a}

10:03 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Super duper!!!

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home