Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My Rocket Science!!!

For some people, doing Math is almost akin to mastering Rocket Science; for some, it's the art of managing one's taxes that displaces Rocket Science from the pedestal; but, for yours truly, using a bottle opener is Rocket Science!

I've heard the expression, "It's not rocket science", being used again and again, whenever a situation of seemingly disastrous proportions rears its ugly head! Little did I know that some things are most definitely close to actually being Rocket Science!!! Don't believe me?!? Then, tell me what you make of the following scenario!

Last evening, I was just settling down to dinner, when I noticed an untouched bottle of Coca Cola sitting quite unobtrusively on the corner of the slab in the kitchen. Armed with my new bottle opener, I almost felt like a warrior off to battle!!! Boy, did it turn out to be one too!!! Not even in my wildest dreams did I think it'd be so difficult to open a puny bottle! I pulled and pushed and heaved and twisted and turned and twirled and whirled and even stomped my foot <pant! pant!>; all to no obvious avail! That obstinate piece of metal didn't budge an inch! I decided I wasn't holding the opener right, and promptly proceeded to hold it upside down, sideways and even, diagonally! It beat me at every position! I was soon bruised and mangled, not only on the inside, but, also physically, on the outside! My poor fingers boldly display the aftermath of yesterday's battle; they sport these nice, red blisters, with a hint of raw skin peeking out at the world outside! Not to mention the beating my ego has taken! I prided on being able to bend any device, instrument, or tool; metallic or otherwise, to do my bidding! The bottle opener has stalled my good run of ages!!! It's a wonder if I don't put a curse on it!!!

Anyway, nothing was going to deter me from having that bottle of cola last night! I set off with my war relic (of defeat, of course) and marched down (with the little bit of pride that remained) to the little store near my apartment. I coyly went over to the counter and asked, if, by any chance, they were in the proud possession of a bottle opener! <grin!> They were, and I quickly handed over my prized bottle. The man at the counter opened it with so much ease, so deftly and so completely effortlessly that I felt ashamed to even look him in the eye! I mean, how shameful is it that I can't open a silly bottle with a silly bottle opener!?! It didn't look like he had any difficulty at all in maneuvering that little piece of metal!!! I mumbled a hurried thanks, smiled sheepishly and sprinted back to the safe confines of my room. The bottle opener was still sitting where I'd left it. Was it my imagination or was it actually flashing a toothy grin at me?!? My my! Triumph can go to anyone's head, eh!?!

Looks like I've found my Rocket Science!!! <Sigh!>

Pic Courtesy: Google

P.S. The countdown is finally in double figures from today!!! Woohoo!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Miss Iyer said...

Don't you ever try any such thing in future. We dont want your other priceless arm to be damaged as well! :-D

10:10 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hehe.. But, can you believe I cldn't open a measly bottle!?!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I can believe it weakling.. try whipping the bottle cap hehe - you know who

6:06 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hehe...I tried every trick in the book, Beetsgreets!

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonder how u got that wrong. we'll have a live demonstration next time i'm there
{a}

5:50 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yup, it's a wonder alright!!!

4:08 AM  
Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

Lol !!! I had yet another one last night ....As is my wont, I lost my keys and and as is my wont, I somehow managed to borrow a cutting blade from one of the few shops opened at odd hours.....To my utter dismay, that lock was made of one stronger metal (may be Rearden Metal , hehehe) and it took me a soar palm and 30 minutes of inconvenience to the neighbour to break open my door ;-) !!!

8:00 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Woah! Glad to see I'm not the only one who can't handle an easy tool!!!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home