Monday, December 11, 2006

A Mishmash!!!

I am so very restless today! I just don't feel like doing anything for more than five minutes at a stretch!!! Woe betide me, it's just Monday too!!! I have the entire week to contend with! The turtleneck that I'm wearing today is making matters worse! I feel choked; can't wait to get back home and out of it! Monday morning blues at its very worst, I must say!!!

The weekend was okay. I attended the housewarming ceremony; in fact, was at the new house for the better part of the day. The house is a nice one, adequately spacious and airy. As I'd thought, everyone turned up with lamps of various shapes, sizes and hues, as gifts!!! I hope mine finds a niche for itself and doesn't end up getting lost in the crowd!!!

Dennis and Calvin's hybrid was as true to his nicknames, as ever!!! The poor fellow had been woken up at 2 in the morning and made to take a bath, as per the rituals of the puja that was conducted as a part of the housewarming ceremony. He was drowsy and sleepy, but soon got around to his usual chore of running around the house and creating absolute mayhem! Another cousin of mine has a sweet, little daughter. The two kids kept running around in circles, fighting, bickering, quarreling and then quickly making up, like only kids can!!! The hybrid, of course, thought it very amusing to pull down a Santa Claus hat right over my eyes, giggling all the while!!! I was glad that he was amusing himself with such non-violent acts, rather than with the punches and boxes that he so happily and usually doles out, to all and sundry! I guess I'd thanked my stars too soon!!! Before I knew it, he'd turned into his violent counterpart, hitting me and running off, before I could catch him! I must say, he's as strong and quick as they come! I finally managed to get hold of his arm and give him a mild, playful spanking! Ha!

In spite of his cheekiness and naughtiness, he's an adorable thing, and the way his face falls on learning that I'm leaving, as also when I bid goodbye, really pulls at my heartstrings! What would the world be without kids!?! <sigh>

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss Iyer said...

So what if the world is without kids? We still ahve you! :-D

9:09 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Craaaaaaap!!!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely right miss lollipop....as far as Denvin goes....i'm speechless...hez a cute fellow though

{a}

9:44 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, he IS cute...

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home