Friday, December 15, 2006

A Pot Full of Luck!!!

From time to time, the team I belong to at work, gets a group of people together and organizes a potluck lunch! It always is truckloads of fun, with people bringing all kinds of food to appease our hungry taste buds and tummies!!! Not having enough time in the mornings to cook something nice for these lunches, and considering that the things I can make are not exactly what they call "culinary delights"; I often end up buying something from the store for such parties. However, once in a while, the chef within me awakens and I manage to whip up a quick something that tastes pretty satisfactory too!!! The gulab jamuns I made for one of these potlucks remains my best effort to date! They didn't exactly turn out nicely round and stable, a good many of them crumbling at the slightest touch; nonetheless, they tasted pretty good, if not lip-smackingly good!!! Also, like I was reminded umpteen times in my growing up years, you eventually have to chew and bite everything you eat! How does it matter then if your task is made a trifle easier by having readymade bits/pieces to chew on!?! <grin!>

In My Defense, They Tasted Good!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa. they look yummy!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both your neighbours and I would vouch for the fact that they were extremely good!!

{a}

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krazy.. I never thought the day would come :) - You Know Who

8:10 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks, dee!!!

8:34 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

You have to say they were good, A; you have no choice!!!

8:35 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

You Know Who... Now do you believe I can cook?!?! :-D

8:36 AM  
Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

I shdnt have seent it @11:55PM in the night.....:-(( and no, my freezer is short of even ice creams now.....where wld I feed this craving of comfort food now?

7:31 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Oh oh oh!!! This teaches you that you should always have a ready stock of chocolates/candies/ice creams at your disposal!!! You never know when the craving for such things strikes!!!

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home