Monday, March 26, 2007

The Grand Finale!!!

The evening of Saturday last, A and I directed our steps to our favourite coffee cafe yet again! Upon entering the by now familiar premises, I asked for the branch manager who had invited us over. The person in charge of the outlet explained that the manager was out on some business, and then proceeded to speak to him over the phone. After he'd had a brief exchange over the phone with the manager, we were shown to two seats. We were also informed that the manager would soon be with us, and that we were to order in the meantime. Of course, it is imperative to mention here that almost all sentences uttered by all the employees with whom we interacted, had a liberal dosing of "pleases" and "thank yous" and smiles! Never before have I witnessed such a reception; almost bordering on saccharine sweetness! Nevertheless, there were also numerous hushed whisperings among the employees, as also the casting of sidelong glances in our direction!

After having placed our orders, we settled down to a lazy wait. The orders arrived, with some more smiles and courtesies as condiments! Specifically remembering an episode from our previous visit, I asked one of the employees for a glass of water. Half expecting to hear the same rant of how they don't serve water (yes, that's what was claimed the previous time; they apparently don't (didn't?) serve water in their branch! Actually, even in the other branches I've been to, water has always been served in miniscule plastic cups), I was quite amused to see her give an affirmative nod of the head to my request, and then return with a tall glass of water, with even ice cubes floating gently on top!!! Aha! The things a small mail can achieve!

Although, as it was getting quite late, we didn't finally get to meet the man himself, we were very pleased with the way the situation had been handled. To top it, our orders were declared to be on the house, coupled with several reassurances that an incident such as what had happened, would never again be repeated.

All in all, it was a right royal treatment; including the tall glass of ice-laden water, of course!

P.S. Thanks, all!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger Aditi said...

well I am glad you could return to such a good experience. I am currently arguing out with ppl at makemytrip.com who wont even listen to my complaint. I have sent an email.. lets see if there is a response..

12:51 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Uh-oh! I do hope they respond to your email at least!

Good luck!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

queen and king for a day we were!!!

{a}

4:24 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, it sure felt like that! :-)

5:06 AM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

super! only wish the consumer is treated that way as a matter of policy, not as an exception. am reminded of gandhi's views on the subject that we often get to see in many establishments - i wonder why they put it up there...

6:26 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

That's so true; most places have these great quotes hung on their walls, about customer satisfaction et al, only to pay no heed to it!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Lemon Blossom said...

I'm glad to see things finally got resolved and that you enjoyed a nice day together. Those days are precious. :)

Thanks for keeping up with me when I was on "vacation" for the last couple of weeks!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Miss Iyer said...

LOL, you made them piss in their pants didnt ya?

I wish the customer was treated that wasy regardless! How futile it sounds if we need to get that treated that way only on a complaint? :-(

Although if I were you, i wouldnt have gone there the next time, irrespective of whether the branch manager invited me or not!

9:46 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yes, lemon blossom, finally, everything got resolved!

Also, boy am I glad to see you back from vacation! :-)

10:26 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Well, if you don't go there the next time, you defeat the very purpose of lodging a complaint! If we all only sit back and accept whatever is done unto us, how do we expect to create any sort of a difference?

Anyway, believe me, miss iyer, it was a real fun experience!

10:28 AM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

i think i'm like miss iyer too - if i don't like a place once, i don't go there - and just about nothing can get me to go there again.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Miss Iyer said...

I think you got it all wrong. I'm not saying that I'll sit there and accept it. In fact, I dont even want to create a difference.

All I'm saying is, the difference should have been made during the very first visit itself! Besides SuperN, I'm not accusing you of visitng that place the next time. I'm accusing the coffee shop and their branch manager here. Please try not to get offended.

7:49 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hmmm... I'm always willing to give a second chance, so no chance of not going there again for me, dharmabum! :-)

Also, it's not like I was complaining about the place. The complaint had to do with the person who took our orders and made the error!

7:52 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hahaha! Offended?!? I thought you knew me better than to think that, miss iyer!!! You were stating your opinion, and I mine! There was/is nothing more to it!

Anyway, I don't mind giving anyone a second chance. So, the man who took our orders is no exception. As for the branch manager and the outlet itself, I really don't think one person can be held to be a statement on the rest of the staff or even the place itself!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home