Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Missed Being Here!!!

It feels good to be posting after four long days! I really missed being here!

On Thursday last, we set out to attend A's convocation. We travelled by a sleeper bus, a first for me! It was quite fun, including all the being bounced around and being thrown high up in the air tactics that form a part of being a few feet above the huge tyres of an even huger air bus!

A View of the Inside of the Bus!

The convocation was held in the IIMK campus itself. This particular campus is a real beauty; green everywhere you look, and lovely mountains forming an absolutely breathtaking surrounding view! Most students wake up to the view of these mountains shrouded in seemingly unearthly mists of fog!

An Aerial View

The convocation ceremony itself was a simple and formal one, neither too short, nor too long with unwarranted speeches!

A; in All His Robed Glory!

The next two days were spent in my parents' house, where I did nothing other than eat and sleep the whole time we were there! Not that that seems to have helped my drowsiness this morning, either! I'm haunting my laptop with my droopy eyes that threaten to close shut at any moment! This is why it's not a good idea to return from a trip only the very morning you have to show up at work!

P.S. I hope I've amply explained the reason behind the mundaneness and brevity of this post!

18 Comments:

Blogger Srivilasica said...

I see that you have been drowsy - repeats of the same post :) Poor you!

7:40 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Oh! That was because I wasn't satisfied with the spacing in the first one; not because of my droopy eyes! :-)

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!

the bottom part of a sleeper bus gets real stuffy. the trick is to take the upper berth.

8:13 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks, pravin! The wishes are due to A actually, not me!

Yup, we were on the upper berth only! :-)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Brecht said...

Our heartiest congrats to A, he looked very proud in that picture = ) Hope you are well over your 'jetlag' Take care and hv a great week ahead SuperN.

9:14 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks a ton, mush, brecht & nora! I'll pass on your wishes to A!!!

As for the "jetlag", I should be alright after a good night's sleep!

You too take care and have a fantabulous week!

Sending hugs your way!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Aditi said...

never travelled in a sleeper bus but i bet it gets rocky
Congratulations to A

9:46 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, it does get rocky, but it's a lot of fun too!!!

Thanks for the wishes; will pass them on to A!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Big B said...

Many congrats 'A'. Welcome back Plexo :)

11:42 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks from both of us, big b! :-)

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okie.. first of all, A looks like a dude in that convocation gown!!!! heheheh

To cure jetlag, hangover, droppy eyes, take a shot, ok, maybe two if you feel a little frisky of any form of alcohol that can go down well with coffee, and you`ll be flying by lunchtime, and these are the reasons why people don come up to me and say hi!.. :D Welcome back!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the wishes everyone...the sleeper ride went off more smoothly than we expected. didn't it nova??

{a}

4:06 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

hehe... Thanks, idah!

I'm sure A is very pleased with your compliment!

As for me, I neither drink alcohol nor coffee... A goner, eh?!? :-)

6:37 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yes, the sleeper bus was quite good... I liked it way better than the other bus travels I've had!

6:38 AM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

i can travel by just about anything, and can manage quite comfortably!

appreciating nature and reminiscing travel isn't all that mundane if u ask me :)

6:50 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hmmm... I hate travelling by buses, though... I prefer our dear old trains any day!

Oh, I wasn't implying that appreciating nature and reminiscing about my travels is mundane! I was only talking about the manner in which I've written this particular post.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Shankari said...

A is a cutie!

Know you are too ;)

7:28 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Awwww, that's so sweet! Thanks, shankari!

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home