Thursday, March 15, 2007

Eerie?!? Sometimes…

Psychic quality? Intuition? Sixth sense? Almost synonymous words; words that are very intriguing and interesting too! I’ve always wondered at the true nature of the meanings of these words. Although a lot of myth has been attached to their interpretations, what lies at the bottom is the unswerving truth that they are, by no means, qualities/traits/features/makings of an individual’s mind that can be easily waved away with a shrug or slight motion.
Often times, I find myself knowing/feeling the existence of things and events before they actually take place. Coincidence? Maybe! So many times? Improbable! Or, at least that’s what I feel. I may be wrong. Maybe they really are coincidences, but they are not one-off incidents too! Many times, it’s scary; scary because of the nagging doubt that what is going to transpire will most probably be of the unpleasant kind; the kind that leaves you saddened and down for a while. At other times, the knowledge that something good is bound to happen, has the ability to lift one’s spirits like nothing else! I’ve felt both kinds; some quite personal, some not so much to do with me. In almost all instances, I’ve been taken aback by the accuracy of my gut feelings! Yes, almost all are believed to possess gut feelings about everything that takes place unto them or their immediate point of reference; however, is it possible that in some, it is a tad more pronounced than in others, if not by a large degree!?! More so, is the said ability ingrained in me?!? From feelings of déjà vu that everyone experiences (to the best of my knowledge, at least), to expecting to hear the phone ring in the next immediate moments; from running into a person who has been in my thoughts in the recent past (present?), to knowing that an impending doom is just around the corner; from being absolutely certain that a particular event will most surely take place, to being chilled to the bones when it actually does; the range of these feelings seem to embrace the entire gamut of oddness and revelations! I rather like wielding this power, nay, information. How can it be power when I have absolutely no control over it?!? I rather like it, though! Ignorance may be bliss for some, but knowledge is strangely comforting to me, whether by chance, coincidence or even, good old intuition!

Eerie?!? Sometimes…

8 Comments:

Blogger Aditi said...

you know i wouldnt mind the knowledge of knowing what is going to happen next.. but sometimes i think it be awful to know every thing before it happens cuz then it gets boring (not that the excitement is always good for u)
Maybe you just have an intuition that is highly attuned and u are able to hear it more clearly then the rest.. maybe its the in between stage between psychic and regular human being who knows?
somethings we dont really have concrete answers to.. its just faith.. and if this is something u enjoy knowing then be glad for it.. and accept the unexplained .. easier said then done that too i know

11:05 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hmmm... It's not that I know exactly what is going to happen either, but I do know something is! I also know that it's going to be really bad, or something very pleasant. Also, sometimes it's like a nagging doubt that if I don't do something, something bad may take place! So there!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Idah's Family Bluez said...

When one is sensitive emotionally, they feel more than others.. sometimes, it scares the shit of you or you try to ignore it. I hope whatever it is, it`s something positive. When my feeling tells me not to go ahead with something, i do it, cos, it has not failed me most times i guess, thank the Lord for all this.

if all else fails, blame it on the dog or cat, it might work also... :D

Take care! Enjoy your day ya!

2:44 PM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

it works, i know that for sure. and its not just coincidence. some systems of indian philosohy talk about what is called the collective mind. the more we can 'connect' ourselves, the stronger is our intuition.

10:32 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks, idah! Yeah, most times, even I go with the feeling; however, sometimes I don't, and those times, more often than not, I end up regretting my decision! :-)

3:59 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hmmm... I guess it does work, dharmabum, but it sure feels surreal!

I'll try and read up more on this "collective mind" philosophy! :-)

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally managed to get on the comments page...it's eerie sometimes for me too when you start feeling things!!! some interesting comments you've got for this post!!

{a}

6:41 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yup, I know it's eerie for you too when I tell you these things! What to do, it's a hazard that comes along with living with me!

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home