Wednesday, March 07, 2007

What’s Been Cooking?!?

A lot, by my standards! From surviving on measly meals (especially, dinners) of readymade fat-filled noodles and loaves of bread day in and day out (night in and night out?!?), I’ve graduated to making things that actually qualify as full-fledged meals! Of course, it helps that I no longer live alone or have to cook only for myself! Having A around, constantly harping on how what I make is so delicious and out of the world, really peps me up, and makes me want to make more and more new things! I’ve been trying my hand at making a lot of things; mostly mundane stuff like idlis, doshas, daal, and the like (nothing exotic yet), but I’m all raring to embark on a cooking spree now! I intend whipping up some yummy new stuff this weekend too! I must say it’s a far cry from my usual self! When it comes to cooking, I’ve always been one of the most apprehensive people around, but not anymore! Things I’m trying my hand at for the first time, also seem to come out pretty well, and that has given a tremendous boost to my confidence in my cooking skills! Unfortunately, I was so delighted at having managed to actually cook pretty decently that I forgot to take pictures of my masterpieces! I intend subjecting the weekend fares I make, to some photography too! Hopefully, they’ll look and taste good enough to be written about and presented on this space!

9 Comments:

Blogger Brecht said...

good luck & hv fun with all that cooking SuperN. In our household, B is the cook, cos he loves to cook!!!! I hate it, find it so stressful & its too messy for me! U'll hv to wait abit for all those recipes, cos i need to translate them from Dutch to English = ) But it will be done.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Brecht said...

oops, perhaps an email add will be useful, so i can email u all the recipes - thanks!

12:40 PM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

i love the way the mallu pronounces a 'dosa' - 'fault' less :)) glad u r enjoying cooking - i LOVE cooking, long as someone else can do the cleaning. much earlier, i used to get sis to do it...;o)

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as of now i'll stick to the cleaning, but rest assured, i'll get to the cooking soon enough!!!

{a}

2:49 PM  
Blogger Aditi said...

ooh cant wait for the pictures..cooking can be fun.. as long as i can make a mess without mom yelling at me

5:49 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks, mush! For now, I'm quite enjoying cooking, while A does all the cleaning! Let's see how long my interest holds on!!!

As for the recipes, I can't wait to try my hand at them; the dishes looked absolutely divine! I'm leaving my mail ID in your blog... Thanks again!

4:07 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hehe... Yeah, dharmabum, there's no other way I'd like to pronounce the inimitable "dosha"!

I totally understand your detesting the cleaning part; I hate it too!

4:09 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, A, get to it soon! I may be getting a wee bit bored of it already! ;-)

4:10 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Haha! Yeah, aditi, moms are so adept at cooking that they get flustered at the slightest mess we make! I normally don't venture anywhere near the kitchen when my mom is around!

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home