Monday, February 26, 2007

Weirdo!

I've been tagged by Lemon Blossom to list down 6 weird things about me, or even weird experiences that I've had. I gave it quite a bit of thought, and holy cow, I realized that it wasn't all that difficult to come up with the list! Man, am I weird or what!?!

I guess the most obvious one for me is the fact that I have a lot, lot, lot of metal inside me! I fell down and broke my left arm just above the elbow, almost 2 years back. What's weird is that it happened when I ran on the corridor of the hotel we were staying in, while on my honeymoon! :-/ Needless to say, the rest of the honeymoon was spent in surgery, and then, at the hospital! As a consequence, I have 2 rectangular plates, a couple wires, and an umpteen number of screws inside my left arm! They're supposed to be removed sometime this year; a prospective surgery I'm not looking forward to at all! :-/

So, now I'm scared to run. Yup, I'm dead scared to run! I even imagine I'll fall down the stairs every time I go up or down a staircase! Add to it, the number of accidents I've had, both trivial and serious; and I don't think my fear of running is going anywhere, anytime soon!

When I study, I almost always sit on my bed and rock to and fro, like what my aunt calls, a goods train! There is no other way anything I learn, gets into my head! When I was in school, I used to prance around the whole room, with the book in my hand. I used to even jump from one couch/chair to another, all in the name of being better able to study, while being continuously on the move! My mom still talks about this; she's glad though that now I've restricted myself to only rocking on my bottom, rather than jumping all around the house! Neither can I sit or stand still; I keep tapping my feet, or rocking. Even now, while typing this, I'm rocking to and fro on my chair! Even while lying down, my feet keep swaying from left to right, and then from right to left, and yet again, from left to right, and so on and on and on!

When I'm nervous, worried or engrossed, invariably, I run my thumb over my lower lip, back and forth, back and forth, time and again, till everyone around me goes crazy! No, it doesn't matter which thumb it is!

I have a disorder; and an obsessively compulsive one at that! I have to push a locked door a certain number of times to ensure that it has been locked, run my finger over a switch a certain number of times to ensure that it has been switched off for sure, and pull on my wardrobe handle a good many times to ensure that it is locked for certain!

I almost always choke while having tablets of any kind! When I was a kid, I used to refuse to have pills, preferring to have tonics or syrups instead; when I grew up some more and was told in no uncertain terms that at times, I just needed to swallow tablets, I would have to stand right under the fan in my room, and then only would I consent to put the medicine down my throat; now, thankfully, I don't that, but I still haven't mastered the art of swallowing a pill without choking on it!

Well, there's my list! Hopefully, I won't lose my readership after this!

Also, I tag Big B (do this one at least!), Aditi, Sumi, Mush, Miss Iyer and Dharmabum. Ah! Six in all!

16 Comments:

Blogger Aditi said...

dang it i got tagged...hehe
well i agree with the OCD although its not that bad one thing i do compulsively chk is the gas ..
my dad has screws in his elbow and knee so ouch i totally sympathise and to a certain extent understand how horrifying that is..
hope the surgery goes well btw is that what is in 6 (or so) days?
i had trbl with tablets growing up too i would crush them and then take the powder till i encountered the capsule and then had to kinda figure out how to swallow
hehe

9:29 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yup, you're tagged! :-)

No no no, that's not what the countdown was for! I'd never have a countdown for the surgery; I'm so dreading it!

Check back in a couple days to know what it actually was for, and of course, it's just 2 days now, not 6! :-)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Aditi said...

ahh i lost track .. but somehow it feels like a moment of joy that u are tracking.. perhaps someone returning home?or something
waise i did the tag.. =)

9:59 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, you're bang on! It is for my husband returning home... :-)

I'll check your list in a bit!

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it'll be difficlut for me to find 6 i think...
{a}

10:08 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, you're too sane to be weird in any way! :-D

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear supernova, thanks for tagging me but i am abit reluctant to put up a list of weird things about me! So here it goes on your comments! Hope thats ok = )
01 - Can swim UNDER water but cant float.
02 - Hate & never eat anything green (vegetables) till only 5 years ago (thats when i met Brecht, my husband and he psychoed me into trying veges)
03 - strange to many belgians, but i LOVE winter and i am happy when it rains! haahaahaa
04 - according to B, i am convinced that one can cook without messing up the kitchen!
05 - the few years of my life that a cat was absent, was my worse & darkest years ever! (i hv always had a cat and dont think will ever go without one anymore! - i am cat crazy)
06 - havent got anything else to add, this is a hard list for me to come up with.... argh now i hv a headache...
well, u hv a good week ahead! Hugs!

11:34 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

You're a good sport to list it down here, mush!

Hehe... Yeah, your blog told me how crazy about cats you are! Here's hoping you always have one purring beside you! :-)

As for winters, I adore them too! Ditto the rains! :-D

You have a good week too, and lotsa hugs coming your way too! :-)

11:43 AM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

aha! a tag, for me? am going to take my life to do it - coz my friend once told me that i am 'abnormally normal' :)

but ur list - i didn't find one thing that i thought was even close to weird. does that say anything about me?

12:25 PM  
Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

You remind me of a schoolmate who used to rock back and forth while standing and answering any questions....that was one hell of a rocking ......
but recently while at the airport reading a book, a certain gentleman sat beside me and started rocking tagging me along ...I got so pissed off that I got up and left the place to find that the final boarding call for my delayed flight had been flagged off ! hehe !

7:55 PM  
Blogger Lemon Blossom said...

I won't stop reading your blog for rocking while studying if you won't stop reading mine because I pick my eyebrows while I study!

By the way, maybe you should buy body armor next time you decide to run anywhere!

Nice list. I love it!!

1:30 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Well, it says I'd figured you out pretty well, dharmabum!

9:59 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

I empathize with you, tlw! However, make sure you never sit beside me; you'll most likely be tagged along again!

10:06 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hehe... I loved your list too, lemon blossom, and there's no way I'm gonna stop reading your blog; eyebrows or no eyebrows!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Miss Iyer said...

What about the stepping back and forth or sideways (more like rocking) when you're doing something as simple as standing and talking to your friends?

How could you have missed that one out?

Folks, its almost like she's gonna step on your foot any moment. If you still dont get it, try shopping with her!!!

And now i've been tagged :-/ Weird... hrumph.. lemme think

Pstt, or maybe I should just ask Big B or Allen about this list, they sure would come up with a better one than I would. :D

3:07 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yup, that they would; but are you sure you want to entrust the making of this list into their hands!?! Don't you think you're asking for trouble?!? :-D

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home