Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Customer Age...

Aha! All the hullabaloo I created over the Iced Caramel Temptation fiasco seems to be paying off quite well! Not that I really created a hullabaloo, A just sent out a nicely worded mail to the concerned department. I’m pretty pleased with the speed at which the mail was responded to. First, the Customer Relationship Manager promptly replied to the mail, and even spoke to us over the phone. Of course, gift vouchers were sent as a mark of solidarity! Not that I care much for them gift vouchers; they’re only to be used for cups of hot coffee, and neither of us are great coffee drinkers! Nevertheless, it’s the immediate response and rectification that counts, and I’m happy that such mails are read and acted upon! In truth, I really doubted whether A’s mail would even get read, in the first place!

A couple or more days back when I was out of town, I received another phone call; this time, from the manager in charge of the particular outlet that we’d had the experience in. Explaining that I was out of town, I asked him if he could call me back in 2-3 days. He willingly agreed, and just before I was setting out for lunch today, I got a call from him again. He further reiterated how sorry they were about what had happened, as also how he’d given his team a “briefing”. He further expressed his desire that we should visit the very same outlet again, accepting his invitation for coffee.

Well, I can only imagine the glares and stares from the staff as we walk into the place again! “Let’s hope they don’t beat us up!” said A, jokingly! Stares or sweet smiles, to go, I do intend! It’ll at least make for another blog story, and maybe, ever so improbably, a coffee enthusiast of me! Although, methinks I’d settle for an Iced Caramel Temptation any day! ;-)


Pic Courtesy: Google

10 Comments:

Blogger dharmabum said...

i must admit that is quite impressive. i've usually felt most indians (particularly south indians) care a hoot about c-sat, but this is refereshingly new. and nice!

next time, go to the 'chaya-kada' next door and ask for a cuppa. am sure there won't be any mistakes ;o)

9:51 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, I know; I'm very impressed too! Although, I don't quite agree with the generalization!!!

Yup, the ever reliable "chaya kada" is always there. However, neither tea nor coffee holds much appeal to me!

9:57 AM  
Blogger deepthi vinod said...

U lucky one...Yeah these days the offer to serve u better is all out and the managers are going out of there way to ensure this works....

2:25 PM  
Blogger Aditi said...

If I feel like this is a victory then I can imagine u must be walking on air.. having actually lived through the experience..
but I am ashamed to admit that I am quite surprised that they responded ..I didnt think they would.. but glad that they did

2:37 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Well, I wouldn't really call it luck, deepthi!

I'm just glad that such things are not taken too lightly anymore!

4:27 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Exactly, aditi! I didn't expect them to respond either, and certainly, not within a day!

4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to get my hands on an iced caramel temptation this weekend!!! and come out alive!!

{a}

4:38 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Fear not; you know how vociferously aggressive I can be!

4:45 AM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

u don't agree?
come to madras. try shopping for clothes, sarees in particular. go to any of the big names here and see how the sales people help u.
compare it with the shops in the north. i have often experienced that even if i was just passing a glance - imight never have intended buying anything - i'd yet end up buying something for the kind of reception, the way they just pull out just about everything from the shelfs to display the wares to the customers - that, to me, is smart salesmanship combined with amazing c sat

9:24 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hmmm... I said I don't agree with the generalization! Shopping in both North and South India has shown me both kinds of salespeople; those who go out of their way, pulling all their wares out (like you've described), and those who couldn't care less if you walked out without buying anything! Maybe, it's more pronounced in certain cities/places. However, I wouldn't go so far as to label it a trend in the South or the North!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home