Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A

A tag that has been doing the rounds is that of listing down the things that define a particular alphabet for a person. Dharmabum gave me the letter "A" to play with! I finally got cracking on my list. Here goes!

Aeroplanes – I love them; maybe because they have the ability to help me travel to far flung places. Unfortunately, I’ve been on one only once, that too with a heavy and painful cast on my arm. I hope to rectify this grave injustice :-D in, and from, the following months!

Art – Art in various forms, appeals to me. From sketching and painting, to writing and dancing; I dabble a lot in some, some, I observe!

Aromas – Myriad aromas excite me; the smell of freshly watered earth, certain flowers, nail paint, new books, freshly disinfected hospital corridors (strange, but I do like them!), and many more that aren’t coming to my mind right now!

Alps/Arctic/Antarctica – Snow/ice is mystic for me. These places rank high on my "to visit" list.

Alarm pieces – Not that I ever need an alarm clock of any kind, the stickler for punctuality that I am, but for want of the letter “p” for “punctuality”, or “t” for “time”, “a” for “alarm pieces” it is!

Assortments – I adore assortments; assortments of beads, chocolates, candies, games, pebbles; you get the drift!

Anastasia – Nope, not the Grand Duchess, nor the singer. The name is what sounds immensely musical to me. Anastasia means “she who shall rise up again”, and that, again, is beautiful!

Arrows – When I was a kid, I used to fashion bows and arrows out of broomsticks. Not that I make them anymore, but the fascination for arrows, bows and quivers, strangely enough, never left me!

Applause – I like the sound of loud, ringing, genuine applause. When, for me, it’s a cementing of the fact that I’ve done a job well; and when I applaud someone else, it’s a confirmation of the fact that I’ve enjoyed being at the receiving end of the task that she/he has done so well!!!

Aches – My aching body, after a good workout (translates to some sets of exercises, in my case!), sure feels bitterly sweet! I can almost feel the calories drain away at such moments!

P.S. If any of you feel like creating a similar list, I'll be only glad to choose a letter for you!

14 Comments:

Blogger Aditi said...

I woulda figured A would have been on the list .. your husband A.. =)
lovely list..
loved the alarm part.. i hate it whe ppl are late.. or worse make me be late..
antartic.. brrr i am sure there is a saner way to get to see ice then there.. just the thought of it is making me cold
didnt know Anastasia's meaning.. its quite beautiful

11:39 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hehe... Yeah, I knew A's absence from the list would come up! I just didn't want to add him to such a list!

Exactly, I so hate it when I'm made to wait, or even made to get late because of someone else!

Haha... Yeah, my choice of places is a lil weird!!! :-)

11:44 AM  
Blogger AVIANA said...

Nice introduction to those who don't know you. I like Applause and Anastacia. I'm going through a thing with names now. Anyhow, nice intro.

4:19 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks, lisa!

Thanks for stopping by too! :-)

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

more aeroplanes without any kind of injustice to come soon!!!! excellent list!!

{a}

5:16 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yup, they better come soon; I'm waiting!!!

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alps/Arctic/Antarctica would be my choice. I love the cold - infact I always want to settle in Sweden/Finland (dont ask me why its just these 2 countries)or someplace where it is coldddd. And yeah, I hate being late!

12:24 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Sweden/Finland too are right up my alley, old monk! :-)

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SuperN, youre invited to visit Canada when i live there, its close to Antartica.. u will love the winter that last till April... snow snow and more snow..

love your blog on this one.

12:35 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks much, idah!

In fact, Canada features right on top (along with Switzerland) of my "places to settle down in" list. I also have some members of my family there.

Thanks for the invitation! I'll sure make good on this one!

12:51 PM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

*applause*
*backpats*

2:45 PM  
Blogger deepthi vinod said...

hmm now tht list is grwng long...lets try and start a list with the letter w!!!!

5:57 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks, dharmabum! :-)

4:14 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Go ahead, deepthi! :-)

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home