Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Dubai Chronicles - Part 7a









The Mall of the Emirates was where we headed to next, in Dubai. It boasts of the Middle East's first indoor ski slope, Ski Dubai! Ski equipment and clothes are abundantly available on rent, inside the mall itself. I'll let the pictures strut their stuff now!


























































































This, here, is a model of the Emerald Palace that is being built in Palm Jumeirah! More gem themed palaces are believed to be in the offing too!
































On our way back, we passed through the under-the-sea Al Shindagha tunnel, where the radio conks off and you can almost hear the sound of the water flowing above the tunnel!

P.S. My luck in winning contests and lotteries seems to be continuing unabated as I became the proud owner of two tickets for the movie, Cheeni Kum, yesterday! The tickets are for the morrow, being a result of winning a contest that entailed me to send in a few words about a bittersweet experience that I've had; with me promptly sending in not a few words of prose, but, as can be expected, a few lines of poetry! Voilà, the next thing I know is I get a call asking me to collect my prize (2 free tickets) from the venue! Woohoo!

4 Comments:

Blogger Aditi said...

i cant hlep but notice the pink shirt again.. it was in the mysore shots too.. hmmm guess we know your favorite wardrobe color

4:26 PM  
Blogger Brecht said...

congrats on the win presi! perhaps a movie review later = ) dubai seems truly too trendy for my taste but will visit it anyways, perhaps after more pictures now, it will go to the bottom of the list, its abit too much like spore =( but glad u had a gd time! again thx a bunch for sharing the pics though ; )

9:46 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, you caught me, aditi! :-)

7:29 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks, mush... Yeah, it sure seemed quite a trendy place to me too... I must visit Singapore too, especially after hearing so much about it from you... :-)

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home