Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Little Narcissism!!!

Okay, Miss Iyer has tagged me. I have to list ten things that define me, and considering that I don’t feel like writing about the continuing tense situation in Bangalore today, I thought I might as well do a little self introspection!

Ten things that define me,
Now, that’s a real tough call!
Will ten suffice, I wonder,
Isn’t that an order tall!?!

My every quirk and foible,
Is an intrinsic part of me!
Bundling ’
em up from one to ten,
Quite a task, it’s going to be!


1. The first thing that comes to my mind is how stubborn and short tempered I am! I seem to be able to blow my top quite easily; sometimes, at the slightest of things!

2. My loud voice has to be at the top of the list too. I can talk only at a high volume, so much so that whispering is quite a chore for me!

3. My books are my haven! I have quite a truckload of them, and I’m extremely possessive about them. I absolutely cannot do without reading, considering the countless hours of delight that this activity has provided me with! In fact, I’ve read a good many number of my books over and over again, and each time, I’ve felt the same rush of thrill and excitement!

4. I truly cherish the friends I’ve made over the years, especially over the last few years. What they say about friends being a big influence in our lives is not just a saying. Methinks, mine have shaped many of my beliefs and thought patterns!

5. There are very few people I really really like or love. Unfortunately, the auras/vibes, call what you will, of a very small number, seem to match with mine, or appeal to me! I usually form my impressions about people/things very quickly, and almost never change it much! Of course, there have been instances when I’ve changed my mind about somebody or something, but I think they’ve been few and far in between! In fact, A and I often joke about me having a hit list (it's fictitious, of course!)

6. My desire to obtain a doctorate degree is quite overwhelming. When circumstances prevented my becoming a medical doctor, I vehemently decided that I’d do a PhD and prefix a Dr. to my name. It’s quite heartening that I’m well on my way to achieving this objective. In this sense, I guess my fetish of adding degrees to my name, defines me, in a quaint, albeit, comforting way!

7. I have an obsessive need to travel. Travel not only to the usual places or even the exotic places, but also to places where one would think twice about going! I love the feel of winter, the feel of snow, the feel of the cold; it’s not surprising then that the places that boast of these attributes feature high on my list!

8. I have to have the last word in a conversation, especially with online messengers ruling the roost! If I don’t have the last say, it feels incomplete to me. Maybe this is because of my inherent need to please people; it makes me think that they may be miffed if I don’t respond enough or properly to every line of every conversation!

9. I love laughing non stop! I love it when people make me laugh! I love the fact that A does this very thing so well; making me laugh, that is! I love chocolates and cheese, not to mention having a sweet tooth for almost all kinds of sweet dishes/sweetmeats, the works! Oh, I also have/love this spontaneous knack of relating real-life incidents to episodes/happenings in the F.R.I.E.N.D.S series, or to Shahrukh Khan movies!

10. Most importantly, I know that A was meant for me. I have known it for what seems like forever! I get bored extremely easily, even if there are a dozen things I can do; but A knows exactly how to snap me out of my bored state! His presence in my life defines my happiness, love and laughter. I don’t think many of the above would seem fun, otherwise...

I tag everyone; all who chance upon this,
No pressure whatsoever, but try it, do!
Indulge in this once; a fun exercise it is,
Glimpses into your self, it'll be for you too!

10 Comments:

Blogger SaM-GiRL said...

Im sure if you did get your doctorate degree....Id let you operate on me.... but I will get discount on the surgery right? =)

10:03 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Oops, sam-girl, I think you're asking for trouble here! Like I said, I'm not going to become a medical doctor; but a doctor of Literature! If you want, I can dissect your books, poems or prose, though! :-) I'll give you a nice discount on it too! :-D

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I see a typical Taurean? ;-) :-)

Taur

11:03 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hehe... I guess, if not anything else, my stubbornness and short temper will surely vouch for that!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hit list was a joke?????????
Ph.D is on its way soon enough, thats for sure and travel, we will!!!

{a}

6:34 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Well, sometimes it's a joke, sometimes when I'm really mad at someone, I mean it! :-D

6:46 AM  
Blogger Miss Iyer said...

Last word in any conversation. And how loud you can get!

I CANT CANT agree more!

6:49 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Haha... I knew you'd agree the most with those 2 points!

6:53 AM  
Blogger SaM-GiRL said...

oooooooooooooh *blank look on face* so thats a no for the boob job then.......lol. DAMMIT!

7:44 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hehe... It's a certain "no"... for sure!!!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home