Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I've Got Mail!

Actually, I've got a mailbox! A new one at that! Before the entry of this new entrant into my life, as also for the numerous other residents living in the same apartment and other adjoining apartments, we were all wont to collect any letters and other posts that we received from our ever obliging aunty, or the more serious uncle, the owners of all these apartment buildings. I guess they've got more important things to do now, considering they've fixed a whole lot of mailboxes for the benefit of us tenants! All the mailboxes are in one huge block, with individual house numbers on each of the boxes that make the block. So, last evening, I very diligently printed out my name and address and pasted it on my space. Of course, now every time I pass my mailbox, I open it to check whether I've received anything, not that I get that many letters by post! However, whenever there is even so much as a pamphlet announcing the opening of a new hair salon or the menu card of a nearby takeaway tucked into my mailbox, my glee knows no bounds!!! Which set me thinking, handwritten letters are so much more enjoyable and personal, right?!? These newfound e-mails et al, pale in comparison! I still remember how when we were away from each other during school vacations, my friend and I used to write these lovely letters to each other! We'd eagerly await the arrival of the postman each day! Aah, to get back to those days of snail mails, as they're often referred to now! Not that I don't think e-mails are a wonderfully quick way to communicate with someone, but the personal touch that a letter holds cannot be waved away! I think I should write a letter and surprise the selfsame friend one of these days! I'm sure she'll love it!

The Tribe!

My Very Own!

11 Comments:

Blogger Miss Iyer said...

Ha! Now I know your complete address (including B1 ;)).

7:43 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

As though it was a national secret!!!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

:-) I loved the snail mails ! though I never had many ppl who used to write to me ;-) That made it all the more special !

10:06 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, it feels so nice to receive a handwritten mail by post!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Big B said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Big B said...

Shouldn't your name be spelled P..L..E..X..O

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonder who's gonna be the first one to send u snail mail....not brochures or flyers, but actual mail!!

{a}

2:49 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Next, you'll be saying my name should be spelt "K..R..A..Z..Y"!

3:58 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

I think, you, A!!! ;-)

3:59 AM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

i'm tired of talking about it everywhere. nothing can come close to having a hand written letter from a loved one. the sheer painful pleasure of waiting for it makes it so exciting...

good thing is, i have one person with whom i share the joy of letters, althougth not frequently -my mommy :)

so, now that we all have your address, like miss iyer says, do we write to u? :)

6:18 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Oh yeah, please go ahead and write to me! :-)

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home