Friday, January 19, 2007

A Thrill Ride Like No Other!!!

A went bungee jumping yesterday; an adventure sport in which a person leaps off a high ledge with one end of an elastic tied typically around the ankles, and the other end to the point from where he or she jumps. The elastic cord first stretches and then pulls the person back up. This bobbing up and down continues till the energy of the jump dissipates!

A said that even though it was damn scary, the thrill was tremendous! He didn't even blink his eyes the entire time of 30 seconds that the activity took, for fear of missing even a moment of the excitement! He also said that the blood rushing to his head caused his nerves to alarmingly pop out! He and five of his friends tried their hands at it, and each of them came away feeling that they've never before experienced such fear or excitement!!! Before the jump, their blood pressure and heart beat rates were closely monitored for quite a long while. They were nicely and safely strapped into the harness (that was attached to a crane), and then the trainer gave them a slight push to start off their fall! Methinks, if the trainer doesn't push novice bungee jumpers, they won't be likely to take the plunge themselves!!! After the energy of the jump dissipated and the person stopped bouncing back and forth, the crane lowered them to the ground, where a team of four helped unstrap them and bring them back to good ol' solid ground/Earth/land, call what you will!!! It seems one of A's friend's eyes were completely bloodshot, so fazed was he by the entire experience! Most of them, of course, went screaming all the way down! I mean, can you imagine what it'll feel like to experience something like this!?! I mean, I'm sure that every moment of my fall, the thought running at the back of my head will be that I'm plummeting to my death!!! My eyes pop out even when I'm on a rollercoaster, so think how they'll look popped right out my head when I bungee jump!!!

This bungee jumping activity has been set up as one of the major attractions in the ongoing Malabar Shopping festival in Kozhikode, Kerala!!!

I haven't been able to get my hands on the video of A's jump yet, but as soon as I do, I'll be sure to post it here! I sure am so proud of you, A!!!

I'm raring to bungee jump now! It remains to be seen whether I chicken out at the last minute, though!

4 Comments:

Blogger dharmabum said...

me been wanting to do it too, but i've promised myself i'll do the original stuff - sans all the protection, elastic and the fuss - in africa :)

hope u don't chicken out, and then post about it.

thanks for dropping by my blog - do keep visiting more often, ur comments are much appreciated :)

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have newfound respect for gravity after yesterday's jump!! we'll make sure you do it..dont u worry!!

{a}

4:04 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hmm... I wonder what it'll be like without any protection! Good luck to you! Yeah, I hope I don't chicken out!!!

3:34 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, I hope I do do it, A!!!

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home