Friday, January 05, 2007

Mehvish...

Normally, I dread long bus journeys. They are uncomfortable, to say the very least. Especially if I'm travelling alone, taking a bus is always the last resort. Of course, it's always so much better when A is also with me. We play games, I throw tantrums, he works his way through them, I sleep on his lap/chest; the works! <grin!>

Our last bus journey, though, was a trifle different. It was uncomfortable and long alright, but, a certain little girl made it such a memorable experience. We were on our way back to Bangalore from Nagercoil. After reaching the stipulated bus stand, we realized that we had a lot of time to kill, before the bus would grace us with its presence! I sat down under a tree where a lady was already sitting, cradling what looked to be a little more than a year old baby, in her lap. Sitting beside her, I could not but help start playing with the baby. A cute little girl, she soon warmed up to me and A, and her mother and I got talking too. They were also waiting for the same bus, and we soon befriended the lady's husband also. All the while, A and I kept playing with the adorable little darling!

Her name turned out to be "Mehvish". I remember wondering at that time what it could possibly mean. Now, after a little research, I've found out that it means bright star!!! A bright star, she sure was! Ever ready to charm people with her smiles and giggles, she soon became the centre of attention in the bus! Everyone wanted to hold her and play with her! A good respite for her parents, I must say!!! I must admit that I was extremely jealous when she started exchanging so many hands and laps! :-/ She kept all in such good humour, laughing with glee at the slightest of things! She had been taught quite a few things, and didn't once hesitate to show off her knowledge! Passing out handshakes at the drop of a hat, reciting how both A and B stood for Apple, and C for Cat, singing a cute song about the moon, blinking and showing where her eyes were, but, resorting to touching the nose of the person asking her where her own nose was, she did it all, and how!!! She twirled all of us around her little finger!!! My happiness knew no bounds when after having been mollycoddled by almost all the passengers; she came back into my arms!

A and I will never forget her, the bundle of joy that she is! I'm only rueful that I didn't take her picture. I so hope I meet her again some day!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing lil baby!! she was playing to the gallery like a seasoned pro :-)

{a}

2:40 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, she is such a doll!!!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

I am also someone who loves how children can be so touching and can impress you immediately with their charm. That's awesome. I'm sorry you didn't get a photo also.

6:38 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, all babies seem to have that quality in them! :-)

6:42 AM  
Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Well, most babies do. Not all. Don't tell me you haven't seen a little terror that makes you wonder how his or her mother hasn't gone insane yet!

7:30 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hehe... Yeah, I have! But, such babies are also cute in their own way! I have one little terror in my own family too! My husband thinks he's a nice mix of Calvin and Dennis!!!

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home