Thursday, February 01, 2007

My Baby's Christening!!!

A few days back, I decided to name my camera. I didn't want to keep referring to it with words like "camera", "cam", or any other such mundane word. In the beginning, A was quite amused that I wanted to give a name to my camera, akin to my doll and stuffed toys, but in a little while, he came around! :-) We came up with a number of silly names, ranging from flashy and messycam (I'm called messy by a number of friends), but nothing sounded quite right. Okay okay, I admit that most of these names were my brainchildren! <sheepish grin!>

Then, A came up with uncanny! I played around a bit with the word and voilà, my camera has now been officially christened as unCANny!!! The word uncanny because I vow it'll take uncanny, perfect pictures of anyone and anything I focus its lens on to! All the pictures will bear an uncanny resemblance to the original, whether shot in part, or in whole; this I solemnly promise! The capitalization of the letters CAN in the middle of the name is because unCANny belongs to the Canon family! <grin>

Actually, A uses the word uncanny quite frequently; of course, only because I quite frequently try doing an impression of him! Considering that they're more of the mocking kind, my impressions of him are not exactly uncanny! Well, alright, they totally suck; but the impressions of reality or otherwise, taken by unCANny, most certainly won't!

P.S. Notice my new clock on the left navigation bar? It's right below the SIFTING THROUGH TIME section. Pretty, ain't it? Well, of course it's in pink! Whatever were you thinking!?!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You topped it all by making an uncanny impression of the word "uncanny" itself last night!! nice clock btw

{a}

5:03 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hehe... Yeah, I'm really proud about last night's impression! :-D

Super duper clock, right!?!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Miss Iyer said...

I almost expected to see the word "pink" or variations of the same, such as "ping" et al, in the name. But no, I wasnt disappointed, was I? How could anyone miss a pink clock!

8:13 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

I'm so glad you know me so well! Isn't the clock absolutely delightful!?!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Big B said...

Krazy.. you are really going crazy.. Time for bungee jumping ;)

10:08 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Haha! I guess I'd even give my bungee jumping gear a name!

10:13 AM  
Blogger LAK said...

Hey, Good blog!I think I'll add you to my reading list. Do keep writing regularly!

5:45 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks, lak! Thanks for adding me too. Yes, I will surely write regularly; it helps when such appreciation and motivation comes my way from my readers! Thanks again! :-)

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home