Monday, May 07, 2007

Dubai Chronicles - Part 4b

The evening of the Lamcy Plaza visit saw us take a delightful little ferry to "The Gold Souk"! A souk is the term given to any commercial quarter or market in an Arabian city. The path to the ferry station was strewn with small eateries looking over the water, complete with hookahs, lamps, aromatic food; the works! The ride on the ferry, across the creek, was absolutely lovely. Cool breeze, rippling water and the lights and sounds of the city on the horizon, what more does one need!?! The souk itself was a marvel to me! Never before have I seen so much jewellery in one place, especially, gold jewellery! For a while after we were out of the gold market, my eyes refused to discern any colour that was not yellow, gold and the like!



































































































































































As I turn a year older today,
I look all around me,
There are so many more places to visit,
So many more things my eyes will see!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Aditi said...

ahh the gold is nearly blinding.. but i had gotten a glimpse of the gold souk on the amazing race..

8:14 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yup, it sure is blinding! Which race are you talking about, aditi?

8:23 AM  
Blogger Brecht said...

if i read the poem correctly, u r a year wiser already?? then a big happy birthday from your friends in belgium! yes, very blinding yellow! thank god i dont fancy gold if not i would hv swoop a handful away hee hee hee.... thanks again for sharing those lovely memoirs of Dubai with us SuperN! U r super!!!

10:17 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks for the birthday wish, mush! :-)

Yeah, thank God even I'm not fond of gold! Gimme platinum and diamonds any day!

10:29 AM  
Blogger deepthi vinod said...

hey warms hugs on trunin one year.that gold is gliter and gliter eyes hurtin! did u manage to get any?

6:34 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks a ton, deepthi!

Nope, didn't get any; I'm not at all fond of gold jewellery!!! :-/

6:44 AM  
Blogger Miss Iyer said...

Woah! And I didn't believe it when my aunts told me that Dubai really digs for gold. Man, thats too much for my eye!

The platinum line-up looks inviting tho ;)

3:45 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yup, the only things that caught my fancy were the platinum, pearl and diamond jewellery pieces! :-)

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday SuperN!!!
May You Be Blessed Always...
Stay Happy!

Warm hugs from Singapore

3:12 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks much, idah!

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home