Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Solitary Confinement

One of the things that has me up in arms almost every time I'm led to it, is eating alone. However, I've figured that more than the very act of eating itself, it's the cooking for the just one solitary person (me!) that really irritates me to no end! With A being out of town for another three and a half weeks, I have not much choice anyway! Cooking, although not one of my better known skills, is at least bearable, sometimes, fun even, when there is another mouth in the house to taste it! It's another story that the taste is usually nothing to write home about! At least, it lets me gloat over the fact that I was responsible for the feeding of one hungry mouth! *grin*

Now, all I've been doing for the past few days is to quickly whip up some mess that can barely pass off as edible food, and then hastily stuffing it down my throat! For a teeny tiny moment yesterday, I did feel like having one of those, well, okay, the only cake I've ever made, but that feeling quickly realized that it was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and quickly scuttled off again into the furthest and darkest recesses of my mind!

The little mug of noodles that only pleads for a cup of water to be boiled for the stringy strands to immerse themselves in, has been more than a staple diet for these last few days! I'm sure they don't consume so many of these noodle things even in noodleland! So much so that my excitement at spotting a favourite colour of the noodle packet after a good many days, is to be seen to be believed!

Okay, off with all of you who have company while eating your grub at home, while I go hoard on some more of those lovely red packets! *eyes glinting*

12 Comments:

Blogger Aditi said...

hmm i sympathise.. i totally hate cooking (not that i cook often) when i am home alone.. but somehow i dont mind eating alone

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heeheh... okie, dont feel bad.. i have eaten alone on so many occasions, its feels more comfortable, though i would rather starve if it was years ago! and yes, over here, noodles are like staple food for chinese and many of us.. weird isnt it?? :D

5:03 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Exactly, Aditi... Eating alone is phir bhi okay, but cooking for just me, is a pain!

8:58 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

hehe... I love noodles too, Idah... It's just that I've been having noodles so very often now that it's unbelievable!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Miss Iyer said...

Awww. Too bad Arvind's not with you A.G.A.I.N! It's about time you guys started living together I say!!!

And YOU better eat properly!

6:07 PM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

i been eating alone for the good part of 10 years now, and i'm alrigth with it. company - ok. no company - ok with that too :)

6:03 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

G3: Hehe... Okay, mommy! :-D

6:06 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Good for you, Dharmabum... I've been eating alone for a lil more than 2 years now, but it's not all that nice...

6:07 AM  
Blogger Lemon Blossom said...

I soo understand this. If it's just me I'll make the same thing. Or a peanut butter sandwich. But if my boys are there I'll actually cook. It may not taste good, but I'll do it! :)

8:23 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Exactly, LB! :-)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Aditi said...

hey.. its been a while? u off enjoying the festival season or decorating the house?
just as long as things are ok

9:50 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Aditi, I'm fine... Just been a lil busy at work... Thanks much for asking! :-)

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home