Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm Busy! I Like It!!!

What with being swamped with work, buried under books for the last examination that I'm going to be writing for some time, switching between reading Memoirs of a Geisha and a fake Harry Potter PDF, making travel plans for a training I'm attending next month and cooking like I've never cooked in all my years of existence on this planet (you'd think my life depended on it!); my poor blog has borne the brunt of it all! All these activities seem to be taking up a good part of my waking hours! Although, I still have a dozen things to complete before I call it a day here, at work, I must mention how much I'm enjoying reading Memoirs of a Geisha. It's quite different from what I imagined it'd be like! I have a hundred odd pages more to go, completing which, I'll be sure to note down a review of the book. About the fake Harry Potter, I wonder who has the time to write such things! Apart from all the unnecessary snogging between the different pairs of wizard/witch teenagers that the book seems to be laden with, its plot is actually quite interesting! I hope when the real book comes out next month, I'm not disappointed by the imagination in writing it, paling in comparison to the fake one! It doesn't seem likely of course, considering the reputation of creative imagination and fantasy that J. K. Rowling has built for herself over the last six books. I also have a whole load of books awaiting their being devoured by me, all thanks to A. I went berserk in a book shop the weekend before last, and A ended up buying me four books, not the least of which is Khaled Hosseini's new one (yes, the same man who wrote "The Kite Runner"!)! You can imagine how my hands are itching to hold that one and imbibe its every word! However, it has to wait till I'm done with Sayuri and Hatsumomo, two among many beautiful geishas of Gion, first!

As I mentioned, this coming Saturday heralds the last of my MBA papers. In a month, I should be both an MBA (I think I've done well, if I may say so myself!) and an M. Phil (considering, of course, that my dissertation is accepted) (woohoo!)!!! Hopefully, I'm well on my way to gaining a doctorate degree within the next several years.

On a different note, someone seems to be playing shamisens (yeah, I'm completely into the geisha book!) almost every day inside my head. My headaches seem to have returned, and with a vengeance at that!!! I guess all the reading and studying and watching reality shows on television are taking their toll on my head! Oh well!

In short, I'm busy and I like it.

10 Comments:

Blogger Aditi said...

ooh i read the fake harry potter too and was quite taken in by it.. of course i would be quite surprised if this is the real version cuz its so not kid friendly...but i am curious to see what she does differently cuz this was quite well written
take care for the headaches
and congrats on the degrees coming up

12:04 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yes, it really is well written, isn't it!?!

Thanks for the wishes, aditi! :-)

12:08 PM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

well, long as u like it!

12:37 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

ecjatly, dharma!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Brecht said...

i hv read Memoirs of Geisha years ago and remembered hv ran through it 3 times - continuously!!!!! I LOVE the book too, blessed the soul that gave me that as a gift = ) Good luck with all that academic madness Prasi, and a big bravo, goed gedaan mesije! good job girl! big hugs! we r proud of u!

1:10 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks so much, mush! Does "goed gedaan mesije" mean "good job girl"? :-D

The book is lovely, isn't it? I'm finding it hard to put it down and come to work! :-D

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prasi, Feli bought me the new book, A Thousand Splendid Suns.. and am still reading it!! i am enjoying it...

Read about this book on his blog:
http://khaledhosseini.com/blog/

and yes, please remember us no matter how busy you are.. we check up on you daily..hahah :D

8:28 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Ooooo... Thanks a ton for the link, Idah... I haven't started reading the book yet; lemme know how you found it once you're done!

Of course, I wouldn't dream of forgetting about you guys, no matter how busy I am! :-)

8:38 AM  
Blogger Miss Iyer said...

Oh! Now I wanna read Memoirs of a Geisha too. Gonna look it up at my library! :)

Happy being busy presi. Be good! :)

2:49 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

You should read it, G3... Am sure you'll enjoy the account... :-)

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home