Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Thailand Musings...

Majestically reclining,
He took my breath away!













Swathed in a golden skin,
Over all, does he hold sway!





Temples steeped in tradition,
Monks absorbed in prayer,













Thailand is an eclectic mix,
Of these, as also every lair!










Abounding in culture,
Abounding in colour,












Of dancers and rhthym,
Of warriors and valour!

Elephants and dolphins,
Spy shows and cowboys,





The funny and the bizarre,
And of life, all the joys!!!











Pristine, blue beaches,
Dazzling, shimmering malls,


Thailand is one place,
I'll go every time it calls!!!


The dummy lady up above,
All tattooed; yes, that's the one!
She'll squirt water all over you,
A close look at the jets, and run!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Brecht said...

the sleeping or reclining Buddha has managed to mesmerize me too = ) I felt so tiny standing so close to it too! Oh Thailand ...so much to see & explore = ) Thx for sharing the pics SuperN.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Idah's Family Bluez said...

P, i dont think i want to be wrapped by 2 elephant trunks, slithering down your waist... heheheh, but i don mind the water jets dudette!! hahah, that is nice...

5:49 PM  
Blogger supernova said...

I couldn't take my eyes off the Buddha, Mush! I kept going back for another look! :-)

4:07 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, the water jets were so funny! People would get drenched and then crack up on seeing the source!

4:09 AM  
Blogger {a} said...

The buddha was so magnificient!! That statue has to be one of the highlights of the trip!!!

5:13 AM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

u actually watched a boxing match, how cool!!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Miss Iyer said...

I still cannot believe you've got that tiger on your lap! I'd have freaked! And then I would've ran. And then I would've freaked some more!! :D

You look healthy but Arvind looks like you could feed him a lil generously!

YOU CUT YOUR HAIR?!?!?! :O What were you thinking?

Oh, the girl at the restaurant looks much like the ones we find here at our Thai restaurant in Madras; Benjarong :)

You've had a Super time I see SuperN :) I cant wait to hear more. :)

10:57 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Absolutely, A! :-)

11:01 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yup, dharmabum! It's kick boxing, actually; known as "Muay Thai" (Thai Boxing)...

11:03 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

The tiger was actually very cute, Tril! Most likely, you would have freaked him out with all your squealing and yelping!

Yup, A hadn't been well a few weeks before our trip. Hopefully, he'll put on all the lost weight soooon!

Yes, I cut my hair. Thankfully, everyone (including me) seems to like this style better!

Yeah, we had a super duper time! So much so that I was in no mood to return!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home