Friday, January 11, 2008

A Tale of Two Daredevils...

...Okay, okay! One, a hesitant one... *phbbt*

Bangkok and Pattaya provided truckloads of opportunities, which, surprisingly, failed to let me not return home in one piece! :-D Quite a feat that, I tell you!!!

What with feeding a tiger and smiling as though it were a pussycat,
















hurtling down a 180 ft high tower in 2 minutes,















parasailing and















jet skiing (unfortunately, no picture of this; we were busy trying to hold on and not go *splat* into the salty water!), I feel like quite an accomplished adventurer! :-D

Of course, I had to chicken out of something! Underwater sea walk; now, really! You expect me to survive all the way down under with just that bubble of oxygen!?! You've got to be kidding! In my defense, I did try going down, but my unfaithful ears created a ruckus and brought me right back on board! A did it, though, as is quite evident from the picture. I, on the other hand, went down in a submarine! Now that's more like it; a tank full of oxygen! Nope, no picture of the submarine either; I was still sulking over the apparent unfaithfulness of my ears and pluck!








10 Comments:

Blogger Idah's Family Bluez said...

heheheh... that was so cool... i tired the underwater sea-walk in Mauritius.. that was nice.. me have great respect and fear of the water.. so, its like, safety always always come first... did u go to singapore zoo and night safari??!!!!

3:34 PM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

wow! so much adventure. someday, i'll go too :) have fun, both of you. and if i haven't wished you, warm new year wishes too :)

5:53 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

:-) Yeah, Idah, I have great respect for water too, and more so, now!

Yes, we did go to the night safari... Something fishy about that, though!

6:47 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Thanks, dharmabum! Wishes for a great year to you too! Yes, you should go there sometime! You will not regret it.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Brecht said...

Prasi i tried underwater walk in Phukett but my ears got so painful when i reach the oceans bed i had to go up asap! argh! But i get to snorkel and that was enough, and since i dont know how to keep afloat, i hv fear of water too. You are brave to hold that tiger!! i was offered many times on my trips to Bangkok but never dared to take the offer! Closest i got was a picture with an elephant that was 'parked' outside of a starbucks in bangkok heheheh.

Looking forward to more P = ) Wow looks like a great adventurous holiday...hugs for a great week ahead.

10:21 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Hehe... The tiger was actually very cute, Mush. I was a trifle scared of hurting his tail while sitting, but I needn't have worried! He was completely focused on the bottle that A was holding!

Yes, the trip was truly an exciting one; not something I'll ever forget! :-)

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parasailing was awesome...and the tiger was continously adjusting my hand to get the best feeding position!!

{a}

10:44 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

Yeah, I know you were most enamoured by parasailing and the tiger!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Sandhya said...

You guys sure had a terrific time on your vacation!!! And I absolutely enjoyed reading about it and the pics... :)

10:04 AM  
Blogger supernova said...

We did, Sandhya diiii! I'd do it all over again, if given a chance! :-)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home